Strategic Creative Director – Events, Creative, Strategy
Salary: Up to 100k + bonus
Location: Hybrid, London (Central London)
Date Posted: February 2023
We are recruiting for our client, an experiential events agency in Central London. They are looking for a London-based Strategic Creative Director who can bring experience and qualities to enhance their already talented team, working efficiently across multiple projects. This is a senior role within the management team of the business reporting directly to the Managing Director.
- Be born creative with an inquisitive mind and passion for creating unique, ground-breaking, and newsworthy events for the world’s most innovative clients.
- Have a finger on the pulse of production and technology solutions and innovations which help shape creative ideas.
- A track record of senior leadership within a business driving growth, evolution of ideas and clients.
- Have a high level of detail and delivery.
- Have experience across key experiential markets, both local and global.
- Have varied knowledge of online and offline creative solutions covering live events, live streams, festivals, brand campaigns and brand summits.
- Have experience in leading and driving creative responses whilst managing and mentoring a wider team.
Wider Business Strategy
- Work closely with the Managing Director to understand the vision and direction of the business and support through client relationship and delivery goals.
- Attend business strategy meetings.
- Manage recruitment for new roles across the business.
- Have input into wider business goals and planning including marketing, training, social presence, insights, and research.
- Actively participate in outward marketing and the business, and strengthen your personal profile to help agency fame including, but not limited tom thought leadership pieces, reports, presentations and articles.
- Build and grow the design team function actively ideating on how to develop and improve the creative offering.
Core Job Function
- Strategy – approach the creative process with a strategic brain focusing on brand values, consumer trends, cultural movements, wider industry, and environment context – able to articulate and write up a strategic brand concept with ease.
- Leadership – mentor, line manage and develop the wider design team through clear objectives and training either in person or remotely.
- Presentation skills – confident and clear in presenting ideas with ability to guide clients through creative solutions and ideas.
- Ideation – strong creative ideation skillset with ability to lead on creative concepts and ideas putting pen to paper including concept write ups and mood images to support.
- Creative variety – able to lead on creative concepting from brand identity and positioning, through to event execution ideas, special planning and activations and consumer journeys.
- Industry knowledge – capable of suggesting ideas pushing production, technology and industry advancements using wider knowledge.
- Communication – able to communicate effectively across the board from the team to suppliers and clients to senior management.
- Relationships – able to cultivate positive relationships across the team, suppliers, and clients to ensure productive ways of working and positive working environments.
- Pro-active – able to come armed with solutions and suggestions and lead the way when it comes to pro-actively solving problems, outlining tasks, and delegating.
- Efficient – able to ideate, brainstorm and collate creative responses at speed dealing with multiple briefs at any one time.
- Accountability – able to navigate difficult conversations with ease and strategically brainstorm solutions alongside the MD.
- Resource – able to effectively manage a wider design team managing resource and diaries including identifying and facilitating extra resource where needed.
- Financial acumen – understand event pricing models to ensure creative stays within the realms of possibility including cost, timings, and feasibility.
- New business – a keen eye for new business opportunities and work well with the Managing Director to grow and develop those opportunities through strategic thinking.
- Personal and business growth – active and skilled at public speaking, written reports and articles to help promote agency fame and personal fame.
- Marketing – assist the MD and any Marketing staff with ideation of outward marketing topics, award entries and supporting insights documents.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills when liaising with clients, suppliers and internally; has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in person, over the phone and via email, demonstrating diplomacy and good negotiation skills.
- Experience in line managing and mentoring a team.
- Passionate, self-motivated with the ability to show initiative, willing to immerse themselves in the brands they work with deep knowledge of competitors, the market and key client values.
- Energetic, self-motivated, consistently proactive and showing initiative; able to manage their own time well.
- Clear and compelling storytelling.
- A consistently calm and patient approach, able to remain organised and positive when dealing with multiple requests and a changing workload.
- Exceptionally organized and able to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Apple literate.
- Keynote and ppt proficient.
- Able to read and interpret CAD and Vectorworks files.
- Adobe creative Suite proficient.
- Ability to use, mentor and advise on key creative programmes - photoshop, C4D, 2D & 3D animation software.
- Microsoft office inc Teams.
- 10 years+ experience as a strategic creative within events delivering projects up to value of 1 million plus.
- 5 years+ experience as senior leader within a business or similar role.
- Proven client and team management, concept creation, thought leadership and outstanding creative direction.
This is an office-based role that will require you to spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as staying in close contact with clients. It can be demanding, but very rewarding. Working hours will be standard office times; however, deadlines and installations may stretch this further.
For more information, please contact us by email at:
Job Category: Strategic Creative Director Events London