Diversity & Inclusion Policy
At Ruby Magpie, we believe that great talent can come from anywhere. We are committed to interviewing as many applicants as possible as part of our commitment to increase the diversity of our talent pool, with the ultimate aim of representing high quality candidates from all backgrounds.
Having a range of perspectives to draw from and bounce off of is a huge advantage for any business. In fact, studies have shown that a diverse workforce can lead to happier and more productive teams and drive innovation among employees.
So what are we actually doing to increase the diversity of our talent pool? We know that diversity and inclusion cannot be an afterthought. It must be at the heart of the recruitment process from the very first step, and we have implemented it in the following ways:
- We have created a range of free informational resources that are easily accessible on our social media discussing topics from writing a good CV to doing well in job interviews. We do not want anyone to miss out on their dream job just because they were never told how to get their foot in the door
- We are committed to writing our job ads in neutral, inclusive language, avoiding wording that is stereotypical or may be off-putting to candidates from particular backgrounds.
- We advertise our jobs on a range of social media platforms and in various groups to connect with as diverse a talent pool as possible
- Our candidate selection criteria is based on skills and experience. We will not discriminate base on age, sex, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs
- We offer a blind CV service when passing CVs on to employers. By removing candidates’ names and other identifying information, we can ensure that unconscious bias is minimized and every CV is looked at in equal light
- We encourage candidates who require reasonable adjustments for interviews to let us know so that we can liaise with the employer on their behalf to meet their needs. We want to ensure that every candidate is given a fair interview in which they will be able to play to their strengths
- We are implementing a diversity monitoring procedure in our recruitment process in order to better understand what candidates we are attracting and who we are not managing to connect with. Taking part in this monitoring process is optional and any sensitive data will be entirely anonymous and used only for research purposes