Energy + Industrials - Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - PR
Salary: £38,000-£45,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
About the Client
Our client’s growing Energy + Industrials practice is looking to recruit a Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager to join their team of 30 consultants. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver communications programmes for industry leading FTSE100 companies and shape the conversation on issues ranging from the role of packaging in the circular economy, to sustainable fuels and decarbonising UK manufacturing.
Our client’s portfolio sits at the heart of the most fundamental issues facing business and society; from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure; to accelerating the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and catalysing a circular economy. They create compelling communications that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
The team’s experience spans traditional energy, renewable energy, power and utilities, transport, logistics, manufacturing and industrial tech. For their clients they provide corporate and public affairs counsel as well as strategic reputation and issues management advice, integrated campaigns, digital and media relations, stakeholder engagement, content marketing programmes and consumer behaviour change campaigns. The work is by definition international, though they work mainly on the UK and European aspects of communications for clients.
The client is a dynamic, friendly and collaborative team of 30; some of their recent and current clients include: Shell, Hitachi, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Amcor, DS Smith, Net Zero Teeside, Honda, Ellen Macarthur Foundation and the Institute of Economics and Peace.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to take the next step in their career, working in a close-knit team with the feel of a boutique consultancy backed by the breadth and depth of an international agency. You’ll play a vital role on one of the biggest client mandates, a FTSE 100 energy company working across the aviation and construction industry with a focus on the energy transition and sustainability.
The role will see you being a day to day contact for the client’s partner, responsible for delivering content and media relations, with account and project management responsibility. You’ll have the ability to flex your muscles on planning and strategy, as well as the opportunity to support digital content + publishing programmes as well.
While the ideal candidate will have experience in the energy industry, we are also interested in hearing from individuals with experience leading broader corporate communications programmes or working with clients in B2B sectors such as technology, construction or manufacturing.
We are interested in meeting candidates with a mix of some or all of these:
- Interested in the Energy and Industrial sector and how these sectors will shape the future of business and society
- Experience working with B2B brands and an understanding of the trade and national media landscape
- Able to get their head into technical topics and turn them into engaging stories that will generate headlines
- Interest in, and a developing understanding of how the wider policy and stakeholder environment around issues like climate change, regulation and sustainability can impact our clients’ operating environment
- A master storyteller with a passion for writing, who knows how to flex their style for different clients, audiences and channels
- Some experience with social media – either/both organic and paid
- Attention to detail and appreciation of tight deadlines, and can prioritise and manage projects effectively
- Collaborative and team-minded, with an aptitude for supporting junior team members
- Oversee media relations work streams for major clients, leading on media relations delivery working with junior team members on activation
- Lead on editorial planning and strategy, maintaining content calendars and identifying relevant story themes and moments of editorial activation
- Input on creative campaign development and quarterly and annual planning
- Project and account management – tracking deliverables and progress, and reporting updates internally to team leads and directly to clients
- Liaise with client executives to develop content, including by-lines, speeches and social posts
- Contributing to sector new business initiatives and in-bound RFPs
What The Role Can Offer You
- The opportunity to develop your career within a full-service and internationally networked communications consultancy with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- Work on, shape, and deliver huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- The opportunity to develop your skills across the wider sector portfolio
- A fascinating integrated communications role within a dynamic and talented team
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
About The Client
The client is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. They structure and lead the business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of their clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in their agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
The London Office
Our client employs over 300 people in the UK, and their stunning offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
Our client prides themselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, they are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. They are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
For more information, please contact us by email at:
Job Role Category: Account Marketing Manager London