Finance Manager – Finance
Salary: Up to 48K
Location: Hybrid, East London
Contract Type: Permanent
Date Posted: June 2023
We are recruiting for our client, a creative marketing studio based in London (Hackney), who partner with brands across the fashion, beauty and lifestyle industries. They offer hybrid working with 3 days a week at their office in East London and 2 days from home.
They are looking to hire a Finance Manager to manage the day-to-day financial operations of the agency. This is a hands-on role with responsibility for all aspects of finance across the business. This person will need to be highly organised, have good financial acumen and be a natural problem solver.
They are looking for someone on a month's notice or less.
As the sole full-time in-house Finance role of the agency, you will be expected to work independently, but will have support from an external accounting firm for specialist tasks such as payroll, preparation of the annual accounts and corporation tax computations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that wants to be involved in all financial aspects of the agency from the day-to-day bookkeeping, client invoicing and supplier payments through to the creation of the monthly management accounts. You will be a key part of the team, involved across all parts of the business, leading financial communications with divisional heads, running regular check-ins, dictating financial processes and ensuring both the agency and suppliers are paid on time.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and an eye for detail, with great organisational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear and concise way
- Discretion as you will be handling sensitive and confidential information
- Experience with Xero, Dext and other financial tools and platforms
- Excellent ability with Excel/Google Sheets/Apple Numbers
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently
- Qualified, or PQ and studying for CIMA/ACCA qualifications
- Process-driven, reviewing and improving the financial processes to streamline and create efficiencies for the team and your workload
Purchase & Sales Ledger:
- Supplier registrations into their finance and resource management system (Synergist) and bookkeeping systems.
- Control of Xero and all bookkeeping, logging supplier invoices, setting up payment runs, processing expenses claims and monthly credit cards.
- Purchase order reconciliations.
- Management of subscriptions and renewals of tools, software and subscriptions.
- Client invoicing and debtors management - checking that all invoices have been received and getting client statements and confirmed payment dates.
P&L and Balance Sheet Management:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and report to leadership team on results and variances.
- Assist with revenue tracking, recognition analysis and accruals/deferrals journals.
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations. Review and audit all statements and reports regularly and investigate any discrepancies.
- Preparation of draft accounts for year end with the support from the Finance Director.
- Assist with planning and forecasting
- Be the main point of contact with their external accounting firm across all financial matters including end of year accounts, corporation tax, payroll, pensions, secretarial services and other ad hoc services
- Support the FD with weekly management and reporting of cash flow
- Gathering and analysing financial information for internal use
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data
- Preparing and presenting financial data for company meetings
- Owning VAT records, doing quarterly checks and filing quarterly returns.
- Regular check ins with department heads to check reconciliations and where they are tracking against forecasted target, as well as helping them make financial decisions
- Always thinking of ways to save company money, improving profitability and growth. This might be suggesting supplier switching or bringing in more efficient procedures.
- Management of financial systems, policies and procedures across the company.
- Conduct risk assessments and advise on ways to minimise any financial risk.
- Assistance with procurement processes, working in to the Operations Director.
- Client contact where necessary regarding financial matters and payments.
For more information, please contact us by email at:
Job Category: Finance Manager London